[mythtv-users] Horrible Audio Problems on Video Glitch

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 04:14:12 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 9:06 PM, Bryan Murphy <bryan.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2007 9:00 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What kind of antenna are you using?  Upgrading your anntenna can make
> great
> > improvement.  I had to buy a $80 directional anntenna at circuit ciy for
> > mine to work good.  I live about 10 miles from the tower in KC burbs.
> >
> > Mitchell
>
> I have an antenna that's almost exactly like this one:
> http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-ZHDTV1-HDTV-UHF-Digital-Antenna/dp/B00006FXR9
>
> It's one of those indoor antenna's that look like a funky arrow head.
> Anyway, I live on the first floor of a seven-story building, so
> mounting a directional antenna outside is pretty much out of the
> question, although I'm by no means opposed to trying something
> different.
>
> Quite frankly, the video is light years beyond the NTSC signal, and if
> it weren't for the screeching (which happens every two or three
> minutes) it's something I could easily live with.
>
> Bryan

Thats the antenna that i started with as well.  I got terrible reception.
You want something with an amplifier.

I have this one.  WOW has the price come down!
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-PHDTV3-Indoor-Powered-Antenna/dp/B000B58VNM/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_2

With the old one i got 45% signal strength with the new one i get 95%.

I mounted it in the corner of my hose on the ceiling in my closet.  works
great.  and you dont need the bunny ears spread.  that only for analog.

Mitchell