[mythtv-users] Missing dvb recordings

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 20 01:05:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 10:17:15PM -0800, Scott Lamb wrote:

> >From your earlier mails, it looks like restarting the mythbackend and
> reloading cx88-dvb helped? Did not for me, though reloading the tuner
> module (lgdt330x) seems to have.
>
> Do you see a lot of errors on dmesg? Mine seems to have many, many
> complaints about DMA timeouts on both tuner cards when they're
> recording. I.e., during this Scrubs episodes (with the other tuner
> recording another program):

Those weren't the exact messages I saw. Mine were more about some
"constructor" (a C++ term I'm assuming) failed right after starting
the EIT scanner. This was really the only clue that this is what
was causing it. Turning off EIT scanning solved it for me. I now
get the TV guide from Schedules Direct. Works great.
Hope this works for you too.