[mythtv-users] wakeuptime command not run, WHY?

Stephen Brooks nightbikeman at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:03:07 UTC 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 4:09 PM, Octavian Petre <octavsly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for my poor post. Here is the second one :-)
> Condensed info:
> - System goes down
> - use /proc/acpi/alarm (works if I set my time there)
>
> Detailed info:
> When the system is put down by mythbackend, it does not run wakeuptime
> script. The mythbackaend log file gives no indication why the script is not
> run. The script shoud set the wakeuptime in the /proc/acpi/alarm.
> UPDATE: I have discovered that the future  recordings are flagged as (F).
> Probably due to the fact that I do not have a TV card (experimenting with a
> system). Can this be a reason why the wakeuptime scripts is not run?
>
> It would be nice to see a debug message being written in the log file..
> something like no future recordings scheduled, wakeuptime script is skipped.
>
> Thank you for your time.
> Octavian
>

>  On Dec 18, 2007 9:17 PM, Stephen Brooks <nightbikeman at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Dec 13, 2007 10:17 PM, Octavian Petre <octavsly at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have been banging my head for the last few hours to find out why my
> > > script that would set the "WAKE-UP TIME" is  not run.
> > >
> > > How can I dump in the mythtbackend.log file any indication of the
> > > "wakeuptime command" being run?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot for your time,
> > > Octavian

Okay I'm now a bit confused. If you haven't got a TV card then you
can't schedule any recordings, I can only guess at the time that
mythtv will set the wakeup time to be if there are no recordings to
do. I guess it will set a blank time and thus your system will never
wakeup.

Anyway lets discover what time mythtv is telling your system to wakeup at...

Right set the following in Mythtv-setup ->Shutdown/Wakeup Options

Wakeup time format	yyyy-MM-dd:hh:mm:ss

Setwakeuptime command	echo  -$time- > /tmp/mythtv-wakeup-time

Server halt command 	echo mythtv shutdown at $(date) > /tmp/mythtv-status

Pre Shutdown check-command	exit 0

Now let you system think it is going to shutdown. mythbackend should
shutdown and then the file /tmp/mythtv-wakeup-time should contain the
time the system was going to wakeup  and /tmp/mythtv-wakeup-time will
contain the time mythbackend "shutdown"

if  /tmp/mythtv-wakeup-time consists of two minus sign e.g. "--" then
no time was set.

I think you will conclude that mythbackend needs a program to record
and hence a video capture card to wakeup.