[mythtv-users] Can anyone using SVN tell me if LiveTV is constantly recorded?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Dec 19 19:56:00 UTC 2007

nospam312 wrote:
> I am thinking of installing the SVN version of MythTV but the last
> time I gave it a go I found it was using much more CPU/Electricity due
> to it in part continually recording LiveTV to disk even when you were
> not watching live TV.  Can anyone confirm that this is the not the
> case?

No, it's not the case.

How much more CPU/Power does it seem to be using? How did you determine
this?

I'd be astounded if an SVN version used significantly more power than
any other version. Any differences might well be due to how it was
installed and set up rather than any inherent differences in versions.

beww