[mythtv-users] Closed capitioning dropping characters

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 03:16:48 UTC 2007

> Beny Spensieri Jr wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I've noticed that when playing back closed captioning, that characters are being dropped during playback.
> > It starts off well in the beginning, then is seems like the captions can't keep up with the playback, so it drops characters to keep up.
> > Has anyone else seen this?

FWIW, I have found that I have this problem on multiple channels
seemingly varying from one episode to the next, even, but always on my
PVR-350 card, not on either channel of the PVR-500 card.  My solution
was to demote the 350 card priority by one so it doesn't get used
unless it has to and it is the last one to be used.  Since doing this,
I can't recall seeing closed captions corrupted.

HTH.

Craig.