[mythtv-users] channel table 'icon' column - setting the path

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Dec 18 02:55:45 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/17/2007 04:27 PM, Rich West wrote:
>
>> When mythfilldatabase downloads the icon for a channel, it updates the
>> 'channel' table to reflect the newly downloaded icon location.
>>
>> However, I want to make it such that the downloaded icon goes in to a
>> different location.  I ran it once, and it placed them all in
>> /root/.mythtv/channels!  ugh.
>>
>> Is there an option to set on the command line with mythfilldatabase or
>> is there an environment variable, or, perhaps even a mythtv setting
>> where I can set where these icons are supposed to get downloaded to?
>>

> You know, reading through the currently on-going thread, "Trouble
> getting channel icons" (
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/305429#305429 ), you
> would have found the answer...  (It's even the third thread in the list
> right now at Gossamer's MythTV Users archive--
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ --so it's not like
> it's buried.)
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/294101#294101
The irony was that I was following the thread, which got me started on
fixing the call signs (which I lost when I upgraded my back end for some
reason).  However, it didn't cover what I was looking to correct (the
path stored in the DB).  I had no problems getting the icons downloaded,
but they wouldn't display on the frontend.  I figured it was because
mythfilldatabase placed them all in /root/.mythtv/channels on the
backend system, which isn't accessible on the frontend systems.

Although, as I write this, I checked the frontend systems again, and the
icons are all there (they weren't there all day!).. argh.  They must've
been cached or something.. :(  Ah, well.. egg on my face, eh?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/294101#294101 did
reference the environment variable MYTHCONFDIR, which was what I was
looking for. :) (it was in a link in a response you posted which was
linked in the thread that you referenced above. ;-)  ).

Thanks!
-Rich