[mythtv-users] Radeon 7200 (Radeon 100QD).. will this work?

Max Palatnik mpalatnik at wustl.edu
Mon Dec 17 22:35:17 UTC 2007

Hi guys,

I've spent about the last week trying to get drivers for this video card
working on the version of linux that i'm using. I found the "GATOS"
Drivers (google for GATOS, cant post url yet) and tried to install them
as ubuntu used only the default VEGA drivers. Unfortunately I was using
X.org and Ubuntu 7.10 (kernel 2.4). Cue me installing Xfree86 and
realizing that I needed 2.4 kernel to begin with.

Now I've installed Redhat 7.3 (kernel 2.4) and it has problems compiling
drivers for my 3com wireless card (3com 3c905c) but it seems my display
is finally out of low-resolution mode.

What I'm really looking for is a little help with someone who's gone
through this before that might be able to get me pointed in the right
direction.

What distro should I use?
Did the GATOS drivers help you with TV-in?
Is what I want to do even possible?

Please help,

Thanks- Max