[mythtv-users] How to deal with moving QAM channels?

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:13:26 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 3:35 AM, Mark Small <msmall at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> This issue is  what has been keeping me from fully employing my QAM tuner
> (Avermedia A180) in mythtv.  I'm afraid of my WAF dropping through the
> basement after missing recordings due to moving QAM channels.  My cable
> provider seems to make a change to existing channels a couple of times a
> year.
>
> I've been doing periodic scans with dvbtools, and the trouble is that it
> doesn't consistently give the same results.  Often instead of seeing the
> proper Audio and Video id's,I get a zeros for some channels.  Thus a daily
> diif requires human perusal, or maybe a smarter sed script than I know how to
> make.

For hdhr anyway I think I could write a script that could detect
changes.  I'll probably work on that a bit but since the channels
change so infrequently it'll be a little hard to test.

In any case Myth should mark recordings like this as "aborted" or
"failed" or somehow give an indication that something bad happened.
As far as I know I had no idea that something was wrong until I tried
to play the recordings.  I can probably look into that change as well.