[mythtv-users] lirc on MythTV

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 22:25:31 UTC 2007

On 15/12/2007, Lan Barnes <lan at falleagle.net> wrote:

> See above on identifying it. When I find the config location, it'll be
> [0|1] and I'll make it the other.
>
> /etc/rc.d/initd/lircd is unrewarding. Other than pointing to
> /etc/lirc.conf, which defines the buttons and nothing else, it has no
> config I can find.
>
> Nothing seems to be in any of the 3 .mythtv dirs, /home/mythtv, /root, or /
> There is a lircrc in the /home/mythtv/.mythtv, but it seems to be a
> mapping from the button map to the myth functions.
>
> So I ask again, can anyone confirm|deny that there is a config somewhere
> that chooses lirc[0|1], and if so, where is it?

On Fedora (and likely other distros), the lircd init script config
lives in /etc/sysconfig. Here you can specify the '--device
/dev/lirc1' option, which is read by the init script when run, and
allows you to specify a non-default (/dev/lirc0, /dev/lirc) device.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/