[mythtv-users] Migrating FC6 -> KnoppMyth: Wireless network setup?

Fred Firestine ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 21:35:41 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

I previously had a FC6 system installed using Jarod's guide. I am
reinstalling using the latest KnoppMyth CD. The install worked great,
including LIRC and PVR-350 TV out, which is a big time-saver.

The problem: My system connects to the network using a wireless
connection. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to set up wireless
networking in KnoppMyth. I have done some searches for wireless
network config related to KnoppMyth and Knoppix, but I haven't found
much. I see in ifconfig -a that it has detected ath0 and wifi0
devices. I have poked around some of the config files, but I was
hoping someone more familiar could provide some config information. Is
there a GUI for network configuration? BTW, I will also need to enter
a WEP key.

Thanks for your help!

Fred