[mythtv-users] OT: Getting multi-speaker sound with intel audio

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sat Dec 15 16:26:11 UTC 2007

   I am using an intel motherboard with built-in audio.
Windoze reports it as a c-media "X-ear3D" audio controller,
with a CMI9739A codec. Linux lspci reports it as an intel
"82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller."

   Anyway, under Windoze, I can use the microphone and line-in
ports for additional speakers, to use up to 6 speakers at once. I
am wondering if this is possible under Linux.  I am not all that
good at setting up ALSA.