[mythtv-users] Lirc crashes

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:46:26 UTC 2007

On Dec 13, 2007 7:00 PM, KH Chai <khchai at ceedtec.com> wrote:

> [root at localhost modules]# modprobe lirc_i2c
> FATAL: Module lirc_i2c not found.
> FATAL: Error running install command for lirc_i2c
>
> [root at localhost modules]# service lircd start
> Starting infrared remote control daemon:                        [  OK  ]
> Starting infrared remote control mouse daemon:          [  OK  ]
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

I don't run Mythdora, so I can't speak for the package management
software.  However, this looks like a kernel upgrade problem.  The
kernel was probably upgraded and the lirc modules weren't.  Check your
package management system for updated lirc drivers.  If you can't find
any, you may have to manually re-compile the module yourself.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com