[mythtv-users] Interlaced pictures + spatial direct mode is not implemented

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Fri Dec 14 10:31:20 UTC 2007

Markus Schulz wrote:
>> 2007-12-13 23:45:49.606 [h264 @ 0xb74331e8]Interlaced pictures +
>> spatial direct mode is not implemented
>> 2007-12-13 23:45:49.626 NVP: Waiting for prebuffer.. 2
>> uLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>> 2007-12-13 23:45:51.485 NVP: Video is 3.40195 frames behind audio
>> (too slow), dropping frame to catch up.
>>
>> Is it normal that the 4800+ can't handle the HDTV or is it caused by
>> the "is not implemented" messages above? Or can I finetune something
>> in my setup to get it replaying at 25 FPS?
>
> Yes you see the answer in your log. "Interlaced picture + spatial direct
> mode is not implemented": all frames/slices (B-frames only iirc)
> encoded with this method are skipped/dropped, only temporal direct mode
> was supported (encoder decides to use temporal or spatial ones).
> Therefore you can't get 25fps and a/v-sync goes off cause it expects 25
> decoded frames.

I see. The picture quality is excellent (actually best I've ever seen)
and it plays for say 1-2 seconds but then it freezes for half of second,
and then continues again.. It looks like a 6000+ CPU could replay it
normally...

> It's currently not possible to decode such h.264 videos with a FOSS
> solution (or?). Don't know if someone from the ffmpeg team is working
> at this topic.

Looks like the CoreAVC myth trac entry might have been closed too early
(supposing that CoreAVC can decode it)...

Petr