[mythtv-users] Lirc crashes

KH Chai khchai at ceedtec.com
Fri Dec 14 02:00:27 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'm using a Nova-T-500 Hauppauge remote control, and it has been working
fine until recently.  All I did is a software package update for my Mythdora
4.0.  When I run MythTV after reboot, my remote control does not work!!
Shouldn't have do the updates... lol

I did some google search, but couldn't find the solution.  These are the
information I got so far:

[root at localhost modules]# service lircd stop
Stopping infrared remote control mouse daemon:		[  OK  ]
Stopping infrared remote control daemon:			[  OK  ]

[root at localhost modules]# modprobe lirc_i2c
FATAL: Module lirc_i2c not found.
FATAL: Error running install command for lirc_i2c

[root at localhost modules]# service lircd start
Starting infrared remote control daemon:			[  OK  ]
Starting infrared remote control mouse daemon:		[  OK  ]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Regards,
KH