[mythtv-users] PVR 350 TV Out broken after upgrade to kernel 2.6.22.9 on FC6

Beny Spensieri Jr benyjr at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 14 01:20:35 UTC 2007

Thanks to all who have replied.

I am using a PVR 350 on FC6 x86_64.

Axel told me to remove video4linux-kmdl.  I also did discover that ivtv-fb was now ivtvfb.  So I uninstalled the kmdl, and corrected modprobe.conf, this removed the boot up error messages, and allowed me to tape new shows.

I was still getting "Unable to Initialize Video" plus some symbol error messages when trying to play shows.  I disabled the option to use the PVR 350 TV OUT, and I was at least able to play back recordings on a regular monitor.

I just can't get X to display on my monitor, nor will MythTV output to it.

I'm thinking if X doesn't work on it, then it may be more than a MythTV problem.

The TV is getting some sort of signal, as the screen goes from blue to black during the boot process.

If I "cat recording.mpg > /dev/video16" I can hear audio, but not video, the screen stays blank.

The frontend long gives me this:

01:37:22.004 TV: Attempting to change from None to WatchingLiveTV
01:37:22.006 Using protocol version 31
01:37:24.918 Opening ALSA audio device 'default'.
01:37:24.967 NVP: Enabling Audio
01:37:25.042 IVD Error: Framebuffer number query failed.
             eno: Bad address (14)
             Did you load the ivtv-fb Linux kernel module?The PVR 350 is initialized, and dmesg claims "Framebuffer registered on ivtv card id 0", but "cat /var/log/messages |grep "iTVC15 TV out" gives me nothing.

Hope that's enough information.

Beny
"If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the precipitate."

http://dontcrossthestreams.blogspot.com

      Looking for a X-Mas gift?  Everybody needs a Flickr Pro Account.

http://www.flickr.com/gift/