[mythtv-users] Video Capture Card

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 22:03:09 UTC 2007

I know this is a loooooong standing discussion here.  I can't quite
figure out exactly what cards are out there for what I'm trying to do.

I'm moving to UVerse, and I know an option is to still use the PVR-150
and PVR500 that I've got.  No biggie there.

I'm not going to subscribe to HD yet (no HD TV).  But, I'd like to use
one of the other higher quality outputs on the Motorola box.  They've
got component out, svideo, RWY, etc...  Like I said, I know I can do
RWY, or svideo I guess.  But, here are a couple of questions:

- Would I get a significantly better picture with the component out?
- Is anyone using a capture card that's got that?
- What would I use to capture the audio?

Or, should I just stick with the red/white/yellow that I've already
got in the PVRs?

Thanks so much.  I'm so glad I came back!