[mythtv-users] myth-made DVD problem

mike michaelachandler at cox.net
Thu Dec 13 01:59:12 UTC 2007

I have googled till I'm blue, and can't find anything close to this problem.
Please help if possible.

In summary, I can't play a Myth-made DVD until I have first loaded and started
up a commercial DVD, in this example, "Rush R-30".
Once that DVD is loaded and playing in MythDVD, then I can eject it, and then
put in one of my Myth-burned DVDs and it will load up and play fine.
Mythmusic will play a music CD fine.

My box is  a core-2 duo 2.4, with a Samsung SH-S162 DVD/CD burner/player.
OS is Debian testing on kernel-2.6.22.9.
I have been through the Myth settings and tried every combination I can think
of. The DVD drive is /dev/scd0, and that is sym-linked to /dev/dvd.

I'd appreciate any ideas, thanks.