[mythtv-users] "Watch TV" not working

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:08:15 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 1:48 PM, Asher <freedenizen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2007 8:50 PM, Jason Garrett <garrett.jason at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just finished installing the latest version of KnoppMyth.  It
> > appeared to recognize my Tuner Card, however, when i click "Watch TV",
> > the screen goes black for about 15-20 seconds and then goes back to
> > the main Myth TV screen.  I have a PVR-150 tuner card.  I'm currently
> > hooked up to my monitor, not a TV.  I have tested the cable going into
> > the Tuner Card by hooking it up to a tv, and I do have a good cable.
>
> Can you record shows?  Any information from the frontend or backend logs?

You could start myth like so to get more info:

mythfrontend -l mythfrontend.log

Try to watch tv, let it fail, then look at the log file which was
created in the directory you started the frontend from.  It should
help pinpoint whats going on.   If it doesn't contain anything
helpful, add "-v all" to the mythfrontend command.