[mythtv-users] Myth Music problems

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:53:09 UTC 2007

Hi have two issues with myth music I can't seem to figure out.

1.       Mythmusic does not play music through my SPDIF port.

here is my /etc/asound.conf firel:
[myth at mythtv ~]$ cat /etc/asound.conf
#Generated by system-config-soundcard
#If you edit this file, don't run system-config-soundcard,
#all your changes here could be lost.
#SWCONF
#DEV 0
#defaults.pcm.card 0
#defaults.pcm.device 0
#defaults.ctl.card 0
pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "spdif"
rate 48000
format S16_LE
}
}

I don't see why it doesn't work.  I get sound fine when watching TV (Dobly
or analog stereo) or any other application (firefox, amarok, mplayer, xine,
vlc, etc)  but Myth Music refuses to work!

2.       2. What player does everyone use for MythMusic via Mythweb.  The
only one I see that works on my windows box is vlc.  But it's annoying
because every time a new song plays I get prompted for a user name and
password.  Why are we even doing this?  Wouldn't a flash player work much
better?  Just like what's in TV streaming but  just for audio?  Maybe im
missing something, idk.

Thanks,
Mitchell