[mythtv-users] MythDVD: bad rips when TOC has incorrect framerate

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Wed Dec 12 17:25:10 UTC 2007

Some DVDs seem to have bogus framerate information in the TOC. When I
rip those dvds using dvd::rip, I get the following log message:

Tue Dec 11 22:56:55 2007	DVD TOC reported wrong framerate 29.97,
adjusted frame rate to 23.976 and frame count to 38576

One example of a dvd this occurs on is Weeds Season 2 Disc 2 (and only
disc 2, for some odd reason).

dvd::rip rips those dvds correctly, after adjusting the framerate.

On the other hand, when I rip them using MythDVD (0.20.2), I end up with
a bad rip, with noticeable pauses ever second or so as the video
resynchs with the audio. It's quite distracting to watch.

- Marc