[mythtv-users] Features of a home theater audio system

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:15:52 UTC 2007

> For audio use a SPDIF bracket and connnect to you Digital out header on your
> MB. then connect this to your sound reciever. In linux set up AC3
> passthrough.

For my Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard, you indicate: "use a SPDIF bracket"

Is this something additional I need to purchase?
Do I have to go through ASUS to get it?

I was just leafing through the user manual on the mobo and it has the
normal coloured output lines for line in, line out and mic.    It then
says in 6 speaker configuration:
Line In  -> Surround out
Line Out -> Front Speaker out
Mic -> Center / Bass

Do I buy a special cable that takes these 3 separate lines and
combines them into a coaxial output that my receiver is expecting?

TIA,
Dave