[mythtv-users] Assistance with video card problem (Please point, me in the right direction)

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Wed Dec 12 14:56:26 UTC 2007

On 12/11/07, John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:

> Can I get some assistance on which video card will work for mythtv and
> motherboards with PCI express slots.  It seems that all you can get
> anymore are motherboards with PCIe slots and most of the video cards are
> the gaming type and there appears to be some issues with them and the
> nvidia driver.  I have a 8500GT and even though it says it is supported
> the computer always locks up after I load the nvidia driver.  I am
> running the 64 bit version of Fedora but I do not think that has
> anything to do with it.

I have a GeForce 6800 GS working on my 32 bit install of MythTV running on
CentOS 5. I have the RPMed version of the nvidia drivers from atrpms.net. I
had the 64 bit version of CentOS installed, but went down to 32 bit before I
actually installed Myth on it due to some issues with my wireless network
card (the kernel provided drivers don't work with it so I have to use
ndiswrapper to use the Windows drivers... and there are no 64 bit windows
drivers for it). I did have the 64 bit nvidia drivers installed from
atrpms.net before I reformatted.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us