[mythtv-users] Firewire question

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 12 01:36:08 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I was toying around with my Firewire setup using the Wiki a few minutes
ago (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/FireWire) and was able to
determine that my Firewire is recognized and setup properly.  I just
compiled and ran the 6200ch channel changer and found it to work for my
STB, which is a Motorola DCT3412.  I want to start recording via
Firewire since my Myth setup can only tune 50 of my 320 channels, of
which most of those are the major networks (ABC, NBC, FOX, etc.).
Basically the "OTA" stuff.

Now, with all of this now working, I guess I'm confused on what I need
to do next.  I did see in the Wiki about adding "/usr/local/bin/6200ch
<channel>" to the recording setup, so that's not a problem.  Do I need
to do anything else special?

Also, my STB has 2 tuners in it.  What I'd like to do is to allow the
channel changer to change the channel on 1 tuner on my STB to record
shows and allow me to watch TV on the other tuner.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Harry