[mythtv-users] SageTV HD Extender STX-HD100

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 21:13:20 UTC 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 2:54 PM, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu> wrote:

> Mitch Gore [mitchell.gore at gmail.com] wrote:
> > Anyone know if this box will be able to be reverse engineered to work
> with
> > Myth?  This seems like the ultimate STB to work with HTPCs.  It almost
> makes
>
> According to the manual, it runs Linux:
>
>  Third Party Software Libraries
>
>  This product contains the following open source software which is
>  covered under their associated license s: the linux kernel, busybox,
>  udhcp, init, telnetd, inetd, phoneme advanced, libjpeg, libpng and
>  ffmpeg.
>
>  For source code availability; please contact support at sagetv.com
>
> Depending on how Tivo-ized and locked-down the platform is, it might
> be pretty open to experimentation.
>
> Drew

Drew,

Thats some great news!  Now we just need someone who is competent enough to
experiment with this box and get it working.  It would be nice if someone
known in the Myth Dev group would be willing to work on it.  I would for
sure through in $20 for him to buy the hardware and start developing.  i
would assume other would too.

Any takers?

Mitchell