[mythtv-users] Disk space recovers slowly after deleting recordings

Dan Cotter dancotter2003 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:44:31 UTC 2007

When I delete a recording its appears to happen instantly and the file appears to be gone, but the free space recovers extremely slowly (viewed by console command df), like a few mega byte per second is free'd. I am running ubunutu 7.10, nothing else is installed but ubuntu and mythtv and nvidia drivers for my video card.

This is causing me some problems because sometimes when I record, it must think there is not enough free space and over-writes something I want to keep, even though I just deleted 10's of gigabytes of recordings. Am I missing some sort of system setting here that forces some sort of commit write back to disk or something?