[mythtv-users] OT: Interesting use of automated search of CC text

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Tue Dec 11 02:59:40 UTC 2007

I found this article on a commercial DVR product that automates search
of CC text:

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2007-12/snapstream-unleashes-godzilla-pc-dvr-for-big-business/

The article and/or video mentions how some organizations are using it to
see how often their products are mentioned, or how you can search for
mentions of certain people or issues, seemingly for commercial benefit,
I was trying to think of any potential use of this type of ability that
would benefit consumers?

I could see doing something like recording all your local news
broadcasts, and searching for mention of some issue near and dear to
your heart, for example.

P.S. - I am not trying to denigrate MythTV in any way.  I have been a
user for over 2 years now, and am very happy with it.