[mythtv-users] XvMC Greyscale OSD fix in trunk SVN

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:00:05 UTC 2007

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/202450
was the initial mention of it as only a proof-of-concept, and I've never read
anything on any lists that advances it beyond that stage.

I know that one of the problems is that it always displays at the resolution
of the source video, so a 1280x720 video will show up as a small box on a
1920x1080 TV.  Furthermore, it's not supposed to be an easily-enabled option,
I thought it required one to manually specify the proper XvMC libraries when
configuring.  I've never gotten any kind of usable picture out of
xvmc-opengl, myself

Alex