[mythtv-users] seagate giving refunds out

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Dec 10 18:17:34 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Since when is the vendor responsible for misinterpretations of fact
> caused by the consumer's ignorance?

Since some lawyers figured out that they can get judges (also lawyers)
to go along with this sort of nonsense.

I suspect you will find that the lawyers involved got a lot more out of
the "settlement" than any "misled" consumers will.

Personally I suspect that no true consumer was really "harmed", which is
supposed to be the justification for legal action.

Only in the USA, but I suppose we should be glad it appears to be
limited to here. No offense intended to barristers and solicitors in
saner venues.

beww