[mythtv-users] Cannot seek some recordings in progress

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Dec 10 15:34:45 UTC 2007

I recently added an HDHomerun to my setup. In order to cut down on
performance issues when recording three programs at once, I set up a
slave backend to record programs using one of the tuners in the HDHR,
while the combination frontend/master backend has the other HDHR
tuner and the two PCI cards I use for SD.

What I'm noticing is rather odd, though. When the slave starts
recording a program and I watch it before the recording has
completed, I cannot seek forward within the program. The OSD sticks
at "x:xx of x:xx" (in other words, it incorrectly thinks the play
location is at the end of the recording.) The program does play, I
just can't seek.

Is the slave not writing the seektables as it goes for some reason?
Is this, perhaps, related to the fact that the slave is also doing
realtime commflagging?