[mythtv-users] Problems with audio/video with HD content

Cal cal at graggrag.com
Mon Dec 10 11:08:52 UTC 2007

MythTV wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been running mythtv since about 2004 quite happily but I am now
> struggling with digital video content.
[ ... ]
> I am running trunk 14921 with the cpu++ profile, but I have had this
> problem since I purchased the HDHomerun.  Initially I was running .20
> with bob deinterlace.
>
> I am guessing there is just a setting that I need to configure, but I
> really just don't understand what needs to be done.
>
> I am looking for some guidance on how to tackle this problem.

Take a careful look at precisely which control parameters are being used
for HD in the 'cpu++' profile. Chances are there might be a better combination
that suits your system perfectly. Experiment, and when you get a collection
of parameters that fly for you, set up a 'local' profile with them. Cheers.