[mythtv-users] PVR-250 - first 30 channels went kablooie

Justin Kim justinlkim at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 23:50:56 UTC 2007

At 2:18 PM -0700 12/9/07, Brian Wood wrote:

>Check all of your cables and connectors, splitters etc. In your mobo
>move you almost certainly moved some of these, and any time you do so it
>can lead to problems, especially if the connectors are not properly
>crimped etc. Make sure all connectors are tight.
>
>Take the very same cable that is feeding your 250 and connect it to the
>RF input of a TV set directly, you may not be the only one who was
>working on something over the mobo changeout period - Your cable company
>might have been busy as well.
>
>Make sure you are using the correct frequency table.

Cables and connections - the first thing I checked.  I re-seated
everything and moved the tuner card to another slot.  No effect.

The cable feed looks fine when plugged directly into my set.

The freq table is also correct.  If it were incorrect, wouldn't the
channels over 30 be messed up, too?  Also, I get some reception on
the first 30 channels - it just comes in very badly.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Justin