[mythtv-users] Playback issues with myth frontend over a wireless network

Ed Brandon bigeb at ebnet.us
Sun Dec 9 15:17:11 UTC 2007

I used a wireless bridge connected to my frontend rather than dealing
with the madwifi drivers for a internal wireless card. I had the same
issues with playing HD video until I hard coded the adapter to only
connect at 54mbs. Even though it had a 90% plus signal the speed would
bump down to 48 or 36 and HD video would start pausing every couple of
seconds. I have 4 or 5 other wireless networks around me as well so be
sure to pick a clean channel if possible. I have also had much better
luck with having my backend wired instead of wireless.

Ed