[mythtv-users] MythWeb lost all of my preview icons for old recorded programs

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Sun Dec 9 13:44:19 UTC 2007

Sunday, December 9, 2007, 4:14:43 PM, you wrote:

> First thing I'd try is:

> rm /path/to/mythweb/data/cache/*

> (If that directory doesn't exist, find out where the MythWeb local cache
> of previews exists.  I don't remember if it was different in 0.20.) If
> that doesn't work, I'd repeat the above, and also try:

> rm /path/to/recordings/*.png

> (Make sure you have the ".png" after the * in the second one. ;)

:D

Thanks for a great hint!
In fact deleting all the .png files from MythWeb's cache leaves me
with no preview images at all. But by copying them back manually,
including those that were missing, I got all of my preview images
showing up again!

Actually the problem is solved, but I still have two questions:
- how come that some preview files were deleted from MythWeb's cache?
- is there a way to make wythweb "refreshing" its cache? So that I
won't have to copy the files manually if this situation somehow
repeats...

--
Best regards,
Andrew