[mythtv-users] Ideas for ITX front-end - HD/SD

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sun Dec 9 03:42:41 UTC 2007

Richard Freeman wrote:
> Paul Bender wrote:
>> Is there some reason that it needs to be Mini-ITX?
>>

> As long as it is small and quiet the exact form factor does not matter.
>
>> I have used both Mini-ITX and MicroATX form factors. I have never found
>> a Mini-ITX that does what you want, whereas there are many MicroATX form
>> factor solutions that work very well.
>
> Could you recommend one?  I need support for both SD and HD output of SD
> and HD recordings + digital audio.  Oh, I guess I need USB and ethernet
> as well, but that kind of goes without saying...

My latest frontend is built around the ASUS M2NPV-VM
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131014>. I use
it for playing back SD and HD. I have connected it using both S-VIDEO
(to an SDTV) and DVI-D (to an HDTV). For SPDIF, I got the SPDIF bracket
from ASUS, which supports both coax and optical connections. Of course,
it has USB and Ethernet.

>> Right now, MiniMyth has reasonable support for NVIDIA hardward because
>> that is what I use on a daily basis.
>>

> I wasn't aware that minimyth was working on non-EPIA hardware.  Sounds
> like there might be options.

Yes, it supports NVIDIA+AMD solutions. At this time, the binary image
includes the NVIDIA 1.0-9746 driver, but the build system includes
legacy and newer NVIDIA drivers as well. In addition, it includes
support for Intel solutions as well, but I have no Intel frontends so I
cannot test it.