[mythtv-users] i810 and Vizio VX32L

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Sat Dec 8 21:39:50 UTC 2007

On Saturday 08 December 2007, Ed Brandon wrote:
>  Which driver gives better performance though if any? I have a Lenovo Dual
> Core FE pushing HD and every now and then I notice part of the screen
> lagging on refreshing when a lot of motion is on the screen. I haven't
> gotten the i810 driver working at 1360x768 to see if there is any
> difference. Also do the i810 xorg options apply to the "intel" driver?
>
>  Ed
>
>  Remco Treffkorn wrote:
> On Friday 07 December 2007, Josh wrote:
>
> I just spent quite a bit of time researching and testing ways to get one of
> my frontends running a Dell OptiPlex GX260 with integrated intel video card
> to work @ the Vizio VX32L's native resolution (1366x768) instead of the
> 1024 default. Anyway, I updated the HDTV database on the Wiki so check it
> out for details on how to get it working.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Vizio_VX32L
>
> Josh
> TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
>
> >From Fedora 7 on the Xserver has the new "intel" driver replacing "i810".
>
> This driver "just works".
> It is also able to do HD on an 1.6GHz Intel Pentium M notebook driving a 32
> inch Ölevia display at 1360x768. Best FE ever.

Wow, the html formatting made quite a mess of things. The top posting is not
helping either.

Anyway, the i80 driver did not work for me at all for HD. Not just 'not good',
just plain 'no go'. The intel driver works almost flawlessly on this slightly
underpowered hardware.

To see supported options try 'man'.

   man i386
   man intel