[mythtv-users] Gotchas replacing FC6 disk with new one?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 19:42:12 UTC 2007

> Yet, with all this, I still can't figure out how to make this drive usable.
> Should I take the system down and put the jumper back in to throttle
> the drive back to SATA 150 speed instead of SATA 300?

Put the drive in the SATA1 controller and see if you can use it there.
I would not worry about SATA1 vs SATA2 very much because no drive made
today is fast enough to saturate the SATA bus. What you loose by using
SATA1 vs SATA2 is improved NCQ (native command queuing) but I am not
sure how much that effects performance.

John