[mythtv-users] Errors after updateing kernel and ivtv

Beny Spensieri Jr benyjr at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 8 15:28:47 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I am running FC6 x86_64.
I updated the kernel from
kernel-2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6
kernel-2.6.22.9-61.fc6

The current versions of my ivtv components are:

[mythtv at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa| grep ivtv
ivtv-1.0.3-135.fc6
ivtv-firmware-20070217-15
perl-Video-ivtv-0.13-8.fc6.at
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.22.9-61.fc6-1.0.3-135.fc6
ivtv_xdriver-1.0.0-9.fc6

All packages upgraded via yum using atrpms.

Now at bootup I get the following error:

FATAL: Error inserting ivtv
 (/lib/modules/2.6.22.9-61.fc6/kernel/drivers/media/video/ivtv/ivtv.ko): Operation not permitted
FATAL: Module ivtv_fb not found.
FATAL: Error running install command for ivtv

I am also seeing the following in dmesg

[mythtv at localhost ~]$ dmesg|grep ivtv
ivtv: disagrees about version of symbol cx2341x_ext_ctrls
ivtv: Unknown symbol cx2341x_ext_ctrls
ivtv: disagrees about version of symbol video_unregister_device
ivtv: Unknown symbol video_unregister_device
ivtv: disagrees about version of symbol video_device_alloc
ivtv: Unknown symbol video_device_alloc
ivtv: disagrees about version of symbol video_register_device
ivtv: Unknown symbol video_register_device
ivtv: disagrees about version of symbol video_device_release
ivtv: Unknown symbol video_device_release
[...]

What is causing this error, and what can I do to fix this?  Myth is no
 longer usable!

Your help is urgently appreciated.

Thank you,

Beny