[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase temporary tables do not exist (SOLVED)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Dec 8 01:14:01 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/07/2007 06:53 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

>>> Every user should be able to write to tmp:
>>> drwxrwxrwt 12 root root 4096 2007-12-07 17:05 /tmp/
>>>
>>> That "t" at the end means that anyone can create a file in that
>>> directory and will retain ownership of the file.
>>>
>> Well that might provide an explanation of how things went pear-shaped. I
>> don't remember what the perms were but when I went checking, they were
>> NOT drwxrwxrwxt... Possibly I inadvertently borked that...which lead to
>> all of the other (self-inflicted!) pain.  Dang, I hate it when that
>> happens...
>>

> That t would be the 1 in 1777 at
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/300986#300986 .

>> Interestingly, neither the laptop nor the desktop server have the sticky
>> bit set. The fileserver does however.
>
> TTBOMK, that is broken according to the File system Hierarchy Standard
> (FHS).  The sticky bit prevents users from removing another user's files
> (only owner and superuser can remove the files), so MySQL relies on it
> for security of the Unix socket file (see the second link in my post above).

Under Fedora, the mysql.sock socket is placed in the /var/lib/mysql
folder and owned by mysql.

The desktop is running Fedora 6...installed I don't know when. The
server is Fedora8rc2 with the OS on a separate drive from the storage
partition and I don't play with it at all. so it hasn't been corrupted.

Geoff