[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase temporary tables do not exist (SOLVED)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Dec 7 23:53:07 UTC 2007

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 10:51 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>> At present, mysql creates temporary tables at (be default) /tmp.
>> /tmp is owned by root and mysql does not have permission to write.
>
> Every user should be able to write to tmp:
> drwxrwxrwt 12 root root 4096 2007-12-07 17:05 /tmp/
>
> That "t" at the end means that anyone can create a file in that
> directory and will retain ownership of the file.

Well that might provide an explanation of how things went pear-shaped. I
don't remember what the perms were but when I went checking, they were
NOT drwxrwxrwxt... Possibly I inadvertently borked that...which lead to
all of the other (self-inflicted!) pain.  Dang, I hate it when that
happens...

Plus of coursee a minor typo error in my.cnf...NO SPACES ALLOWED BESIDE
THE '=' SIGN!....

Did I mention 'dang, I hate when that happens...'?

Interestingly, neither the laptop nor the desktop server have the sticky
bit set. The fileserver does however.

Thanks

Geoff