[mythtv-users] seagate giving refunds out

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Dec 7 23:38:10 UTC 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> That's why the speed limit signs ALWAYS accurately specify the unit of
> measurement. So should anything with an expected capacity.

Actually , when marketing departments first came up with this hedge,
they were selling drives as "80 million byte drives," because they
knew people would expect an "80 megabyte" drive to have 80*1024*1024
bytes.  Somewhere along the line that qualification sort of fell by
the wayside.

(And incidentally, now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen a
speed limit sign that gave the units.  Although oddly, the yellow
speed advisory signs for curves often do.)