[mythtv-users] Setting Video Scan to Progressive

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Dec 7 22:23:18 UTC 2007

On Dec 7, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 08:13 +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>> MythTV trunk - I've found that if I leave the Video Scan setting on
>> "Detect" when watching TV it jitters a lot, especially the OSD and
>> menus. However if I switch it to "progressive" everything is ok.
>> But I
>> have to reset it every time I watch TV - is there anyway to make it
>> the
>> default?
>>

>> Analogue TV, SVideo/PAL via a NVida 5200
>
> Sorry - Also DVB
>
> Lindsay

Try a different deinterlacer. Bob will give jittery video if
everything isn't set up perfectly (specifically, if OpenGL settings
aren't what Bob wants). However, I avoid Bob so I don't know what
those settings are. If you're not using Bob, which one are you using
and getting jittery video? Jitter meaning bouncing around or stopping
and going again at short intervals?