[mythtv-users] Weird audio problem

Gary D Walborn gwalborn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:37:35 UTC 2007

To whom it may interest:

    I have discovered a VERY strange audio problem on local HDTV (ATSC)
channels.  I have discovered that when I tune to a local ATSC channel, my
audio breaks up very badly (unwatchable) UNLESS I have an onscreen display!
If I start to "browse" to another channel, the mere EXSISTENCE of an OSD
makes the audio smooth again.  This is exactly the OPPOSITE of behavior I
was experiencing (i.e., broken audio while the OSD was in operation).  This
is frustrating because it is obvious that the system is CAPABLE of smooth
audio, but I am not getting it without the presence of an obnoxious OSD!
Any feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Gary Walborn
gwalborn at gmail.com