[mythtv-users] Fedora 8 bug looking for help

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Dec 7 05:33:10 UTC 2007

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Mitch Gore wrote:

> Im just afraid that its going to cause problems then i am going to be stuck
> rebuilding everything with F7 clean install.  If thats the case i would

In terms of the upgrade itself, there is very little that can go wrong.
The only unique risk I see is that Fedora 8 would end up being incompatible
completely, and then worst-case you could do a FC7 "upgrade" via anaconda.

I never say never -- but I can't see what would cause you to have to do a
clean install.

However you do it, DVD or yum,  an 'upgrade' is really just a wholesale
replacment of packages. The only difference between "yum update" and "yum
upgrade" is the number of packages replaced.