[mythtv-users] What's the point of MythTV HD?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Thu Dec 6 23:35:13 UTC 2007

At 2:04 PM -0800 12/6/07, Bob Sully wrote:
>This is all well and good, but if you're in a fringe area like I am, OTA
>is not a very good option.

Have you tried digital OTA reception?  I'm getting an acceptable signal from transmitters 75 miles away; generally perfect but with occasional glitches.  I have a few hundred dollars invested in a 35 foot tower and a Channel Master 4228.  Lots depends on the topography between you and them.  If you are inside the 'digital cliff', you may be able to have the last laugh at the cable company!

Craig