[mythtv-users] mysql connection troubles (NOT mysql.txt)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 20:27:08 UTC 2007

On 06/12/2007, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 00:23 +0000, Nick Morrott wrote:
>

> > Any reason you are not using CentOS 5?
>
> The ATI proprietary driver (which I need for TV out) is only supported
> for RHEL4.

Shame. When ATI failed to fix TV-Out support for the IGP 9100 on my
Pundit-R a few years ago, I built a VGA-RGB SCART cable to remove any
requirement for working TV-Out support in either the Xorg or
proprietary driver. This has been working very well on my Sony CRT,
and provides much better picture quality than S-Video to boot.

Worth considering IMO if you like tinkering (you can get
S-Video/composite output too via a modified cable) but at least CentOS
4 has a lot of life left in it.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: