[mythtv-users] Playing songs witn WMP/Vista over UPnP causes backend to crash

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Dec 6 19:18:47 UTC 2007

I just purchased a Dlink DSM-320 ($50 after rebate at buy.com) to use in
another part of the house (will be wired, not wireless, and only for
SD). Looking in the archives it sounds like this device will work with
Myth's UPnP AV server for the basic things I'm looking for.

I'm currently playing MP3's using Windows Media Player 11 connected to
Myth as a UPnP server. It will play a few songs and then the backend
crashes. Tailing the backend log doesn't show me anything except Monit
restarting the backend.

Any suggestions? Myth version is 0.20.2-163. Anyone experienced this
before?

Thanks,
James