[mythtv-users] What's the point of MythTV HD?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 6 17:03:58 UTC 2007

On 12/06/2007 01:50 AM, Bob Sully wrote:
>>> Oh, I bet the copyright holder is oblivious.
>>> The ISP was unhappy. They're mad you found a way to use what they
>>> sold you.
>> ... to break the law.
>> Not the place for discussion of downloading copyrighted content.
> Mike, I know you have to be "politically correct" to keep the sharks from
> biting your legs off.  I understand.
> <soapbox>
> So, again, I don't see any problems with letting us vent,

There's a *very* big difference between venting and suggesting that
others go out and download shows via BT--as did one of the posters
quoted in my message, but you conveniently clipped it out so readers
don't notice /why/ I said what I said.

>  as long as it
> doesn't get TOO off-topic.  I'm sure that you would be happier if you
> could use your Myth box to record content from all the HD channels you pay
> for, too.  ;-)

I do.  I get all of my local OTA digital channels unencrypted for
$0/mo.  I do /not/ subscribe to any cable services or premium channels
(nor do I have access to any) because I find that's a much more
effective means of dissent than whining on some list that the cable
company doesn't care about.  Of course, it's a losing battle because too
many people subscribe and watch it in standard def or (subscribe/don't
subscribe) and steal the content.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure you're paying for a service, not paying for content.

Regardless, though, I'm just stating the policy of the list.  Please
read #5: