[mythtv-users] mysql connection troubles (NOT mysql.txt)

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Dec 5 14:58:40 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 22:30 -0700, Greg Woods wrote:

> I'm sure I've done something obvious and stupid, but I've been stuck and
> frustrated at this point for two hours now, and all the Googling I've
> been able to do has turned up nothing except problems that were solved
> by inserting a proper mysql.txt file, which I already have:

At one point, this started working when I was running the frontend as
mythtv. I was trying so many different things that I don't know exactly
what I did that fixed it. It never did work as root. But I ended up
having to rebuild the machine again, as I never could find a driver
usable on Fedora 8 that would support TV Out on my ASUS Pundit-R (which
has a Radeon 9100 IGP chip). The generic "radeon" driver doesn't do TV
Out, the proprietary ATI driver would not build (even after playing
games with symlinks and kernel version definitions, it got compile
errors), and the RPM package I got from Livna installed and the module
loaded OK, but the driver failed to detect any devices. So I'm starting
all over again with CentOS 4.5 (I did manage to get the TV Out working
using the proprietary driver). Kinda sucks because I really had
everything working through the desktop monitor, only to find that it
wasn't going to work with the TV. This time I got smart and did the
graphics chip driver first. Haven't got far enough to see if the MySQL
connection problem recurs or not.

Oddly enough, there do not seem to be any LIRC packages anywhere for
CentOS 4, so I will have to compile from source. I'm already starting
down the rat hole again :-)

--Greg