[mythtv-users] Status of Firewire in F8

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Wed Dec 5 14:50:29 UTC 2007

Mitch Gore wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2007 8:13 AM, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net
> <mailto:mike at dividia.net>> wrote:
>
>     Mitch Gore wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Does anyone know what the status of Firewire in F8 is?  I
>     remember in
>     > F7 there were a bunch of issues because of the new fw stack.
>      There is
>     > a mention of it on the firewire wiki page but its not very clear on
>     > how to fix it.
>     >
>     > Just wondering before i upgrade my BE from F6 to F8.
>     >
>     > Im using SVN latest if there has been any developments in the code.
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     > Mitchell
>     All you need to do is install the old ieee1394 kmdls from atrpms then
>     blacklist the new stack modules so they don't load.
>
>     Mike
>

> I follow you on installing the ieee1394 stack from ATrpms but how do
> you black list the default firewire stack?
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist

Add these lines to the bottom of the file.
# new firewire stack
blacklist firewire_core
blacklist firewire_ohci

This just tells the kernel not to load the new stack modules when the
hardware is detected. If the old modules from atrpms are installed it
should load them instead.

Mike