[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20.2 xbox xebian pkgs now available

Paul Fine pfine at comcast.net
Wed Dec 5 14:40:01 UTC 2007

Steve MacLaren wrote:

>     deb     http://yoeu.net/debian sarge main
>     deb
>     ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/
>     sarge main
>

>     However, if the sites no longer work, you might be SOL.  I think this
>     configuration was successful around the beginning Sept 2007.
>
> Here is another plea to resurrect yoeu.net <http://yoeu.net> and
> sunet.se <http://sunet.se> sarge main...
> I should have installed all of the plugins when I had a chance in
> September; however I neglected mythmusic.  Now that I want to play
> music on my xbox, I'm running into the same problems with these
> missing repositories...
>
> Anyone know where else I might be able to get a working package for
> Xebian mythmusic?  I'd try and compile it myself; however the compile
> from source HOW-TO
> http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/MythTV_0.20_on_Xebian_1.1.4
> explicitly avoids the topic of compiling plugins for Xebian...
> --
> <http://www.vehicledesignsummit.org/website/>
I was just getting ready to revive this thread.

I just bought a xbox in order to get my backend/frontend system out of
my living room. I followed various xebian HOWTOs with limited success.
I was able to get xebian up and running, but I consistently broke the
install (or at least the X server) when trying to update the packages.

I finally had success by using the E-Image
(http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Install_using_E_Images).  I was
pleasantly surprised to find that the BitTorrent download of the
E-Images, even though I think it is a 0.20 build as opposed to a 0.20.2
build, worked with my 0.20.2 backend.

I believe that with this configuration, I should be able to update to
0.20.2 by updating my system and using the build from SVN instructions
(http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend_Compile_with_SVN).

Am I mistaken in believing that I can do this update without having the
two repositories that Steve mentioned in the previous message?